Logo

1947 crysler ace marine rm6

jakevr

"hey guys, new to the fourm..

"hey guys, new to the fourm..

i just bought a 1947 steelcraft 26ft boat, she has been sitting for 20 years. i put wd-40 in all the spark plug holes and let it sit for 2 days then tryed turning the crank over and its very much seized up. id like to rebuild this engine over the winter, my father had the same engine in an old garwood so he will be helping me. we have a tool and die company so the tools are avaiable. I was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction as of where i could find parts for this engine.

i looked into repowering with a small diesel but due to my lack of cash the rebuild seems much more realistic. im 19 years old so engine is very new to me. any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Jake"

"Heck, that engine's many

"Heck, that engine's many times older than you!

Keep your eyes posted. This site has people who love messing with those old "rubber crank" flatties.

Jeff"

The old CHrysler/ Dodge/ Plymo

The old CHrysler/ Dodge/ Plymouths had a six banger that ran (and knocked) forever. That's why we used to call them "rubber crank" motors.

Jeff

"Jake;
I, too, have a Steelcr

"Jake;
I, too, have a Steelcraft 26' boat. I have had it for 3 years and have no trouble putting 100+ hours on it every year. If you want help getting parts or getting your engine unstuck; please feel free to get back to me. What do you need?
Gord"

"hey gord gowie,
can you sho

"hey gord gowie,
can you shoot me an email @ [email protected]
id love to exchange pictures and learn any information i can from you.. im having a hard time finding people with steelcrafts!

thanks"

Jake;
For some reason i'm

Jake;
For some reason i'm having problems sending email. Be patient we'll make it work. Until then- put diesel into the spark plug holes of the engine and that should make it free itself up. It may take a few days of soaking for it to work though.

Back