Logo

390 Ford Interceptor

D

Dave Sarlund

"Just found my water in oil pr

"Just found my water in oil problem that I have been trying to solve.
Exhaust manifolds are cracked on both sides of engine.
Any ideas on this subject. Weld shop says no can do.
Where can I look for replacements that might fit this wonderful engine.
The cracked ones are stamped 1965 for Century Boats with Ford Interceptors.

Email dsarlund@localnet.

Help guys............

Dsarlund"

I have Glenwood Marine aluminu

I have Glenwood Marine aluminum exhaust manifolds on my 390 Interceptor in my 67 Century Arabian. Check out glenwoodmarine.net if you are a motorhead and do not mind your engine looking a little "changed" from the original. Apparently they are much lighter than the cast iron originals. Good luck. Steve

"Dave,
Good luck in finding O

"Dave,
Good luck in finding OEM Interceptor Marine manifolds. But, like Steve said, if you don't mind a different look you can also try Osco Manifolds. The part number would be FG818. If you find them don't forget to order the outlets/risers, that will fit your needs, and front cap. Ask them for installation instructions and all gaskets. If you post the outlet part number I can help you pick the Osco outlet."

New Problem 390 Interceptor..

New Problem 390 Interceptor....Need some info

My original 352 interceptor blew up after all the water problems I had with the manifolds. The engfine was a 352 block 1965 300HP in my 1965 Resorter

I have a new 390 which I transferred the cam from my old engine Reverse firing order.....my new problem is the seal on the timing cover is to large of an opening to9 seal around crank....Does anyone know what I am missing here....Napa doesn't help.

Any info guys would sure be appreaciated.

Thanks
Dave Sarlund

"YIKES !!!

If you take a st

"YIKES !!!

If you take a stock rotation automotive motor and reverse the rotation of it, and it happens to be the Ford FE block, then you will be pumping oil out of the main seal because it's directional. The crankshafts of the Ford FE series, of which the 352, 390 and 427 all belong, have directional marks on the crank, to "wipe" oil back inside the motor, and this works with a directional seal too. Therefore, you can't just reverse the rotation of one of these motors by changing out the cam.

Sincerely, dogsharks

http://www.chriscraftcommander.com"

Back