Logo

Evinrude 175 fitch 1999 kill switch not working

ricc

"Hi guys, twin 175 hp on a sta

"Hi guys, twin 175 hp on a stand. I'm trying to start them so I fixed all the instruments to a board.
I have are two sets of start, choke and stop pressable buttons as well as 2 power on switches, one for each motor.
I'm only using the port buttons to start both motors. First the port, I was able to stop with the stop button as well as with the safety switch. The problem is the starboard motor won't stop. I've been told to check the kill switches' ground. What could be the problem?
Thanks."

"It can easily be checked out

"It can easily be checked out with an ohm meter. The kill circuit is:

Black ground wire from powerhead ground to powerpack. Black/Yellow wire from powerpack to "M" terminal of ignition switch. Black/Yellow wire from that same "M" terminal of ignition switch to the kill switch. Other terminal of the kill switch to ground.

Apparently a wire is not connected at some point, the kill switch is faulty and not making contact, or the powwerpack is faulty. Usually it's the wire."

"Sorry, Joe.
No power-pack on

"Sorry, Joe.
No power-pack on this one:Ficht and ECM.

My guess there might be something not working with one of the relays.
If You want to troubleshoot this engine, get an original work-shop manual with the correct wire diagram. Might be a bit too complicated to take on this board as You will need a reference to look at."

"Mort..... Oops, tired this ev

"Mort..... Oops, tired this evening, glanced at title, read it as 1989. My error."

"Hi, I've been told there&

"Hi, I've been told there's a USB (thing)that connects to a laptop and scans the problems, do you carry this part?"

"No I'm not a dealer, I j

"No I'm not a dealer, I just want to be able to fix my own toys and rely on myself, isn't that the idea of all this?

So what's yours, you want to sell parts, be nice or you do want my mecanic to know you?
I'm my own macanic so work with me.
I own :
johnson70h
2 evinrude 175
omc I/O"

"i was referring to your other

"i was referring to your other post...---->(Hi, I've been told there's a USB (thing)that connects to a laptop and scans the problems, do you carry this part?)"

"u will need to contact a john

"u will need to contact a john/evin dealer to order the parts u r referring to...u can buy outdated ones,on ebay."

Back