Logo
Get instant online access to repair manuals for your Chrysler / Force outboard. Online Manuals
ChryslerForce
Order printed Chrysler / Force service manuals — shipped to your door! Printed Manuals
ChryslerForce
Use engine diagrams to find & order parts for your Chrysler / Force engine. Engine Diagrams
ChryslerForce

Default "I have a good running 1968 ch

"I have a good running 1968 chrysler 6.6 motor. I found a guy that can get parts for this motor so I rebuilt the carb, put some new seals in, new impeller, and fuel pump kit. The motor runs really well now, but the motor will not shift into forward hardly. I took it out on the lake for the first time yesterday and it went into forward twice in about 30 minutes and when it did, it wouldnt take long before it slipped out. It went directly into reverse easy and neutral. Is there a spot on this motor where I can adjust the shift linkage to not favor reverse?

thanks"

Default "I have the same problem with

"I have the same problem with my 1962 I can not help you with yours at this time. i found a repair book but i do not have it at at this time. Can you give me the place you found parts?
    Thanks, Tim"

Default "Hey, I just took my gear case

"Hey, I just took my gear case apart and switched the forward gear with the revers gear and flipped over the clutch and it works like new. No parts involved. I dont think that is what the problem was though, I think something was hung or not adjusted right. I also adjusted my shift linkage to where I could hear 3 distinct clicks when the rod was going up and down into gear.

You should get any parts for these little chryslers from a guy named Franz...his email is [email protected]

very knowledgeable in chrysler motors."

Default "Thanks for the imfo. I need t

"Thanks for the imfo. I need the housing for the propeller shaft, the bolt holes are broken. My motor wont shift very well and i will try to adjust if i can get this part. Tim"