Logo

25 EFI 2008

B

bradley_s

"my 2008 25 efi idles rough ha

"my 2008 25 efi idles rough half the time, motor shakes ect. I think you can make adjustments to improve or fix this,is there a way ? to improve idle surge by adjusting settings on throttle body?
thanks you"

"BOATS AT LAKE, 1HOUR AWAY, I

"BOATS AT LAKE, 1HOUR AWAY, I WILL TRY TO GET UP AND RETRIEVE NUMBER.THIS PROBLEM WITH MOTOR,HAS BEEN FROM DAY 1 I HAVE AROUND 100HRS NOW AND CONSISTENT IF NOTHING ELSE.I TALKED WITH DEALER AND THEY GIVE NORMAL RESPONSE. MY GUT FELLING WAS WITH "FUEL MAP",BUT RECENTLY CAME ACROSS A POST YOU MADE ON IBOATS FOR A 25EFI/2007 WITH SAME PROBLEMS.YOU SUGGESTED AROUND 6 MOUTHS AGO IT MAY BE CRANK SHAFT POSITION SENSOR,I CHANGED IT OUT WITH NO EFFECT ON MOTOR. WITH ALL DUE RESPECT TO DEALERS, I HAVE NOT COME ACROSS DEALERS WITH YOUR EXPERIENCE, SO I LOOK AT IT AS A WAST OF TIME TO REPEAT PROBLEMS TO THEM, THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME."

"The throttle body may be slig

"The throttle body may be slightly off, but that's unlikely. The ECM might have an error in it, but you don't want to buy one to find out. Dump the engine back off at the dealer and tell him to find the problem. Also, keep in mind that anything in the fuel system can cause the engine to fubar a cylinder."

"ok you are right, no point in

"ok you are right, no point in getting run around at dealers for the third time. having checked the for bad fuel,compression,spark,etc i will pull off the "iac" and check for electrical/mechanical problems. Thanks again for all your help."

"That's the exact opposite

"That's the exact opposite of what I said. You should NOT be working on your engine. You do not know what you are doing and you will end up spending money that you do not need to because of that. Having a desire to fix your own problem is admirable. But, don't make the mistake of assuming you are capable of working on a state of the art outboard. You have a three year warranty, so use by taking your engine into an authorized dealer."

Back