Logo

Honda BF15D wonbt accelerate

az_ubc

"Hi,

I have a 2006 BF15D.

"Hi,

I have a 2006 BF15D. Idles but engine wont accelerate. If I very slowly (tens of seconds) push the thorottle it will build RPM under load. It runs geat at WOT. Changed plugs,fuel, fuel filter, vent is clear. There is a black plastic cylinder in line between the fuel pump and the carb, attached to the dipstick tube. Anyone know what it is? I took the carb apart. Looks clean, engine never sits gets used all the time. I sprayed out all the obvious passages. Float level looks suspiciously high. 19.5mm. I am trying to order a manual waiting for dealer to call back... but in the meantime does anyone have a spec on the float level? Looking at the float needle there is a little black plastic tip that rests against the float tang stuck in the brass. It may have walked out 0.02"?? I lowered the float to 17mm. Engine accels better but not 100%. I may be barking up the wrong tree and trying to compensate for some other problem so I wont make it any lower without data. If I accelerate engine and 'assist' accelerator pump she accelerates better. I checked the accel pump and the bore is not worn and the passages are clear. Does the clock spring that actuates the accelerator from the thorottle shaft ever go bad? Its finish looks fine.
Any words of wisdom are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Aleks"

"I may be out of line here, bu

"I may be out of line here, but was recently told by a Honda Service tech to never trailer a honda motor after running the fuel out.
If the bowl is empty damage occurs to the float and rod.
Could that have happened?
The float bounces like a ping pong ball when the bowl is empty and needs to be full when trailering the motor on a boat.
Just thinking out loud here...."

Back