Logo

Engine question

sloar

"i have a johnson sea king 10

"i have a johnson sea king 10 hp model qd-20
serial 1976412 i would think the year is 1976, is that correct if so i cant find any info on a 1976 10 hp any info would be great thanks."

"QD-20 is a 1959 10hp
Firs

"QD-20 is a 1959 10hp
First thing that comes to mind is that it should be running on a more oily mix than a '76 would. This topic on the iBoats forums says 24:1
The current plug recommendation is J4C gapped at 0.030"

BTW the title of your post is not very helpful. All the questions on here are engine questions! "

the title says engine question

the title says engine question my question is about my engine how much more can i say just didnt know the year.thanks

"Shawn.... Observe the other t

"Shawn.... Observe the other titles which will give you some idea of a title entry. Many members look at the titles and if it pertains to a component of which they have knowledge, they reply. Otherwise they might simply skip by it.

Yours might have read "10 hp model qd-20, year?" or something like "What year is a qd-20?, just some hint as to what is needed. No biggie.

The alternative spark plug is J6C, also gapped at .030 which may show some improvement in performance. Gear lube is HiVis 80/90w available in Wal*Mart, K-Mart, other stores, plainly marked as outboard gearlube.

Point set to .020, set so that the .020 will pass thru but a .022 will not."

A QD-20 is a 1959 Johnson 10hp

A QD-20 is a 1959 Johnson 10hp------Post a picture and then we can verify---The sea king bit is confusing---SEAHORSE was the Johnson name.

Back