Logo

1995 Force 70 HP Idles fine wonbt run in gear

daveh

"After 2 perfect outings with

"After 2 perfect outings with no issues, my motor won't run in gear. Good gas and oil mixture, new tank. Cleaned carb, new plugs. Manual and new carb parts on the way. Can you save me some time?"

"Dave, stalling out when put i

"Dave, stalling out when put in forward gear is almost always a clog in one of the carb jets. You have to really tear down the carb(s) remove the little needle valves and make sure the holes are clog free - also inspect the needles themself - should be very pointy like a sharp pencil - replace if deformed at all..."

"I found a Float kit and a Gas

"I found a Float kit and a Gasket kit at Crowley's, should be here by the weekend, along with the manual. I hope the needle valve is in the float kit. If not, I can get one locally."

"Carb. completely rebuilt. Sti

"Carb. completely rebuilt. Still won't run in gear, just dies out, and then is difficult to restart. Any ideas?"

"Did you replace the fuel pump

"Did you replace the fuel pump diaphram when you did the carb?

If not, try pumping the fuel bulb manually and see if she stays running - if so, then replace the diaphram (a few bucks)..."

"All fuel pump components, as

"All fuel pump components, as well as fuel line replaced, won't start. It is pumping fuel. Now starter sticks, won't disengage. After I fix that, it's off to the Shop for an exploritory."

"Exploritory Complete. It turn

"Exploritory Complete. It turns out the SwitchBox Assy wasn't shot, but extremely weak, thus losing spark when attempting to increase RPM's. So it would start and idle, just not run under power. It is running as smooth as a sewing machine right now. Thanks 4 the help."

Back