Logo

1987 Lehman 225 turbo

T

Ted L

I just bought a boat with twin

I just bought a boat with twin lehman engines. I live in south florida. what is the best oil viscosity to use? I believe it has 15W40 in it now.
Where can I get a technical and parts manual (I believe I would get the Sabre marine manual).

Ted

15-40 should be just fi

Ted

15-40 should be just fine. American Diesel can supply parts and manuels.

When the Dorset and the Dover

When the Dorset and the Dover were designed ford recommended strait 30 wt.east coast industrial can get you parts aswell.

mike

What is the displacement of th

What is the displacement of the 6 cyclinder ford lehman 125hp engine. I am interested in boosting the hp any help would be greatly apreciated.

"Recently purchased 40' Po

"Recently purchased 40' Ponderosa with 225/turbo Lemans. Would like info on operating RPM for continious duty, tubro mtce intervals, valve adj hrs,and life expectancy of exaust risers."

TYED 40 WT IN FLORIDA. WE HAVE

TYED 40 WT IN FLORIDA. WE HAVE ALL OF THE PARTS IN STOCK AND THE MANUALS.ASK FOR GREG AT BOMAC MARINE IN FT LAUDERDALE 954-766-2625

I have a 1978 34 DC Marine tra

I have a 1978 34 DC Marine trade trawler with a single 120hp ford Leman what RPM should I run this engine at? running at 1700 now @ 7.5- 8.5 kts. Can I push this?

"what rpm does it go to at ful

"what rpm does it go to at full speed, if it is propped for 2400 rpm you can cruise at 1900-2000 with no problems, i ran mine at 1950 all the time. some charter boats in queensland ran them at 2250 but i think that would shorten the life a fair bit."

Can anybody tell me the correc

Can anybody tell me the correct headbolt torque setting and sequence for an SP 275 Ford Lehman 6 cylinder turbo that has blown 3 gaskets in a few months.

How many hours can be expected

How many hours can be expected on a SP225 before a major overhaul is needed. What cost should I expect for a major overhaul by a quality mechanic.

"What is the difference betwee

"What is the difference between a Ford Lehman and Saber I am looking at a boat with 225 Super Saber and don't know the fuel burn to expect and running RPM,,,,also would the engine life be the same as the 120..."

Re: "Recently purchased 40' Po

"Recently purchased 40' Ponderosa with 225/turbo Lemans. Would like info on operating RPM for continious duty, tubro mtce intervals, valve adj hrs,and life expectancy of exaust risers."
I am looking at a similar boat with 225 Lehmans. I have been told that these engines need valves after 1800 hrs if the are ever cruised at over 2000 RPM. I have been told that I should NOT buy a boat with these engines, but I'm getting conflicting advice.
Does anyone have the story on these engines?

I have the 225 Lehmans. The story is that they are known to suck intake valves, unless the valves have been replaced with the correct ones. It happened to me on one engine which meant a complete rebuild. I had the valves changed on the other one and haven't had any more problems. The motors are fine as long as you change the valves. Lehman had a lot of claims due to this problem. When mine went, it only had 300 hours on it.

Back