Logo

Finding Parts for a Sears Ted Williams 9 HP Mdl 57459740

tmallen

"It appears Graham Lamb has wo

"It appears Graham Lamb has worked on these but please any help is welcome. I own a Sears Ted Williams (McCullough) 9HP outboard that ran like a top 20 years ago when I put it away. Can't remember if I was smart enough to run out the fuel but a family of mice made it home and shredded all the foam sound proofing under the cover. I replaced the CJ8's and it briefly had fire but I think the residual mice crud fouled the points and I did too (the plugs) by attempting a 32:1 mix. Maybe it needs 50:1? Fuel appeared to reach the plugs. Tried WD-40. Has great compression but also I was trying to gravity dribble fuel in as I no longer have that weird fuel inlet fitting (female) that goes on the end of the fuel tank line. Bottom line is I need to find 2 point sets, condensers, fuel fitting, owner/service manual and maybe fuel pump and carb kits. I have contacted MarineEngine.com and waiting to hear but their site didn't look very promising. Sears can't find this model number. I found no part # on the points but the condenser # is 80167 (McCullough). Sears couldn't find this either. The model number of this outboard is 574.59740. Serial is 68600910-1671. Does anyone know where I might find these parts? I'm trying to retire & have no money for another motor and this one ran like a sewing machine before. Thanks! Tom"

Back