Logo

1993 Johnson 48 spl how can i find a power tilt amp trim

N

Nick Sesock

"I have a 93 Johnson 48 spl, M

"I have a 93 Johnson 48 spl, Mod# J48ESLETE with the manual tilt, It has the piston to control the drop. is there a possiblity that i could change the exsisting piston with a power tilt & trim piston."

"The conversion would involve

"The conversion would involve the entire pivot/clamp assy as the piston you have is gas filled and the tilt/trim is hydraulic/electric.

The research I have done indicates that it is better to get an aftermarket power tilt conversion than source and fit OMC parts....messy and expensive whichever way you choose, so I am told."

Those 2 cylinder motors had pl

Those 2 cylinder motors had plenty of failures.You need to look on E-BAY / call dealers / to find a used factory system. I installed / swapped out a system several years ago no problem ( fresh water motor )

I called OMC in 2003 about thi

I called OMC in 2003 about this very thing. You could by a power tilt / trim from them for
$800(?) at the time. Or buy a used assembly.
Assemblies from many different years and HP's would fit I was told by them.

"I have a 96 48 Spl, luckily i

"I have a 96 48 Spl, luckily i found a dead 50 with all the electrical and wiring and swapped. was about to replace with the CMC unit but this one was only $150 used and has worked well for now."

Back