Logo

Oil Water mix coming from exhaust

H

Hugh Severs

I have a 25 evinrude that star

I have a 25 evinrude that starts and runs fine.When you tilt it an oil water mix oozes out of a small hole in the lower unitand the center of the prop.The engine may have froze this pat winter and damaged something.any ideas?Head gasket/cracked block?

"Those are normal water drain

"Those are normal water drain holes. If they didn't exist, in areas where freezing weather exists, the water trapped inside would freeze, crack, and destroy the lower unit."

Seems kinda strange to be norm

Seems kinda strange to be normal.I've never seen this motor ooze oil like this.I realize it is exhaust related so it must be running to rich?
Thanks for your replies HUGH

"you can run some seafoam in t

"you can run some seafoam in the gas. It'll clean the motor out if you don't like the ooze. Might be rich, but could just be from a bit more iding than usual, or you bought different 2 stroke oil, or the gas was from one of the places that puts injector cleaner in the gas...(Petro-Canada has a 91 octane called "superclean" for example) sometimes if you run premium, it will wash ooze out like that.

Of course we're all assuming you have a 2 stroke. The year and/or model number of your motor always helps in these threads."

"Might be a good time to check

"Might be a good time to check compression, spark, perhaps rework the carburetor and adjust it, clean and set the points, bring everything back into factory specifications."

Back