Logo

2008 Mercury 4 Hp 4 stroke Problem

ricky_bailey

Hi i have a 2008 Mercury 4 Hp

Hi i have a 2008 Mercury 4 Hp 4 stroke and when i put the throttle at it's fullest my motor starts to jerk and vibrate in a weird ways.

What is the problem? is it the carburetor and how can i adjust it?

"thanks, but no the timing is

"thanks, but no the timing is good and carb is fine. It looks like the mixture is too rich. It works good when its on idle and i can bring it up to about 3/4 before it starts to jerk. I looked at my carb and i don't see where i can adjust it.

Mercury 4 Hp
4 Stroke
Build in tank 1.1L
15" Short shaft"

I could be wrong but your moto

I could be wrong but your motor my have an RPM limiting CD unit which causes the motor to "jerk and vibrate in a weird ways." You may need to increase prop pitch.

"ok thanks, yeah maybe.I'm

"ok thanks, yeah maybe.I'm doing all my test in my backyard when the motor is in neutral, how can the prop pitch affect it?"

"Ricky, you are hitting the re

"Ricky, you are hitting the rev limiter. Do not do what you are doing in a bucket. WOT, wide open throttle, is something you ONLY do when you are underway.......like you have a boat with you!!!

Think of what you would be doing to your car if you sat in the driveway and held the throttle to the floor. You are very lucky you have a rev limiter. An older engine would have likely thrown a piston or rod."

Back