Logo

Honda 50 4 stroke

bprepdah

"I have a 2000 Honda 50 4 stro

"I have a 2000 Honda 50 4 stroke. It starts & idels just fine, however, when I try to give it the gas it sputters and dies. I have had the carbs rebuilt, new fuel filter and new gas, no change. Where do I go from here??

Dennis"

The quick test is to have some

The quick test is to have someone keep squeezong the primer bulb when you rev it up. If it runs OK its a fuel pump problem.

Re: Electric... Rebuild kit for the stock pump is inexpensive. Save yourself a bit of kluging about getting an electric installed and working.

"Ok, I like the inexpensive pa

"Ok, I like the inexpensive part, now where do I get a kit. My local dealer may have a fuel hose and nothing else."

"I have twin 1995 honda 50 hp

"I have twin 1995 honda 50 hp motor with the port side starting up fine and idles. When I run it for about 15 minutes under load and I stop (idle), it idles fine for about a minute then the idle drops and it dies. It has a hard time starting, and when I finnaly get it started and put it in gear it dies. I will have to start it and try putting it into gear several times, and once I get it going it runs fine under load until I stop again. I cleaned out the carburator and have a new fuel pump. I'm thinking that its the computer that's the problem. Can you help me?"

Back