Logo

2003 75 hp honda oli in fuel

75_honda

"2003 75 hp idles fine,acceler

"2003 75 hp idles fine,accelerate,motor dies,misses etc.push choke while accelerating and runs, fine at top speeds,removed carbs,inside of carbs clean,past butter fly,extreme varnish build up and on intake manifold,like brown tar.cleaned and reinstalled,same problem,removed and inspected,same type of build up starting again
it appears oil is mixing with fuel past carbs.
can a bad seal on head or crank case be causing the problem.It affects all the carbs,motor has about 500 hours on it.New plugs look they are burning some oil.I have worked on two stroke motors for many years,this is my own motor and first four stroke outboard."

"thanks for responding so quic

"thanks for responding so quickly - the carbs are very very clean inside. varnish builds up after a short time running,it is on the backside of the butterfly and venturi area on the intake manifold side and intake manifold.could the vacuume advance system on the carb linkage cause this excessive buildup of varnish. I still think oil is getting the intake system,past the carbs.
Iknow it sounds like the tubes,jets are clogged in the carbs but they are not. any thoughts would be appericiated."

"I use the boat every week it

"I use the boat every week it is a 12 gallon tank with a merc,type filter. Its not fuel, some how oil seems to get mixed in the intake system past the carbs.the oil was low when I changed it.All the carbs and intake have the same thick varnish build up,like dried out oil.the throat of the carbs are clean before the butterfly but gumed up after it.It builds up after only a few hours of running."

I am no sure what you mean by

I am no sure what you mean by a leak down check.
compression ckeck? I know two stroke not four stroke outboards!

2 stroke compression
hard 2 d

2 stroke compression
hard 2 do a true leakdown unless u pull power head

4 stroke leakdown only

Back