Logo

What year is my sea king

I finally found the serial num

I finally found the serial number and stuff caked under years of oil residue. Can somebody tell me the year?

It is a Clinton 7.5 HP Sea King
Model# k750 3107C
Serial# 991787
Type# 6052207R

Also what fuel mix? I need a new Fuel pump and diaphragm.

"J.D. - can only narrow it dow

"J.D. - can only narrow it down to between a 1978-80 Clinton built for Montgomery Wards (Sea King was their store brand).

Can mix at 40:1 with regular 2 stroke motor oil such as used with lawnmowers and chain saws - don't use Marine TCW3, it burns up too quickly in air cooled motors.

Click my name and drop me an email, make K750 the subject and I can send you an original owners manual (pdf) - just a few pages, but nice to have..."

"Hi, i just bought a 5 hp seak

"Hi, i just bought a 5 hp seaking. Can you tell me what year it is? Model # GG8960a, Serial # 75x707277. Is it water or air cooled? If it's water cooled do i have to pull the block to get to the pump? Thanks"

"hello, guys i have a question

"hello, guys i have a question, i'm having a problem starting my seaking it is a 68' 45hp. it has an electric start, and everyhting looks like its working,except for the spark plugs, they dont spark. i'm positive that the wiring is messed up, would anyone be able to shine some light into this matter. thanks!"

"I picked up an older and work

"I picked up an older and working 5HP Wards "SeaKing". Just wondering if anyone can tell me the year? Need to know what parts are interchangeable (Johnson? Evinrude?) with this model for future fixes. Gas/Oil ratio and what oil to use? Where's the best websites to pick up replacement parts for these older models? thanks in advance.
292919.jpg

"

"I'll answer my own questi

"I'll answer my own question.

1961-62 Ward's SeaKing. Made by Gale. 40:1 mix ratio. (but 50:1 is working fine)
5HP. 2 cylinder. Uses Evinrude hose and gas clamps. Some parts are interchangable with Evinrude and Johnson.
THis motor has a Neutral, Forward and Reverse. Twist throttle, a choke and two knobs to control the amount of gas into the engine (although, I haven't seen a change in performance with these).
For those who may have similar motor and didn't know.
If you ask a dealer for parts for a SeaKing, they will tell you that they have no such parts so you will have to find Evinrude and Johnson parts to replace the old originals on this motor. FYI
Some parts can be found at your local auto part store too.
I use either Yamalube Marine Oil or AmsOil only in this old motor, & Yamalube gear lube, they are the best to use anyways)

I posted this for anyone who may have picked up an old SeaKing and didn't know much about their own from these years. Internet may have more info too.

<font face=""verdana,arial,helvetica""><font color=""0000ff""><font size=""+1"">
crazy.gif
</font></font></font>"

"Here's a quick guide for

"Here's a quick guide for anyone who has a hard time figureing gas/oil ratios.

50:1
12 gal gas = 31 oz oil
10 gal = 25.8oz oil
5 gal = 12.8oz
3 gal = 7.68oz
1 gal = 2.56oz

40:1 mix
12 gal gas = 38.4oz
10 = 32oz
5 = 16oz
3 = 9.6oz
1 = 3.2oz

Again, I prefer Yamalube or Amsoil in older model outboard motors. Yamalube Gear Lube for the lower. peace."

Hi I have a sea king by clinton motors. I just bought it over the weekend with a jon boat, I was hoping someone could help me out with the year. Mod # is k 505 5106a and ser # is 1480676. The plate said type xtv 50505a what does that mean. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately not all older outboard lists are complete. Appears to be 77 or 78. Hard to be sure using my sources. The Wards model number is actually the Type - KTV50505a (many people read the K as an X). The Clinton model would be the K505. My source that I like to use doesn't show a KTV50505a nor does it show the model for Clinton as a K505. It shows a Wards model KTV50505 as the Clinton model K550 and only lists 77 and 80. The Clinton portion shows the K550 as being a 5.5hp motor made from 76 - 80. Also the K505 as a 5.5hp motor starting in 78. Serial numbers aren't listed for the 78 motors but my guess would be the 78 motor with the KTV50505a (the "a" being the key) as the Clinton model K505 for 78. http://discount-marine-parts.com/index.html may be able to help further or have tune up parts.

Unfortunately not all older outboard lists are complete. Appears to be 77 or 78. Hard to be sure using my sources. The Wards model number is actually the Type - KTV50505a (many people read the K as an X). The Clinton model would be the K505. My source that I like to use doesn't show a KTV50505a nor does it show the model for Clinton as a K505. It shows a Wards model KTV50505 as the Clinton model K550 and only lists 77 and 80. The Clinton portion shows the K550 as being a 5.5hp motor made from 76 - 80. Also the K505 as a 5.5hp motor starting in 78. Serial numbers aren't listed for the 78 motors but my guess would be the 78 motor with the KTV50505a (the "a" being the key) as the Clinton model K505 for 78. http://discount-marine-parts.com/index.html may be able to help further or have tune up parts.

Thanks for the help

Hello all
I have a 15 hp with model # VWB 52118B sec# 38X 2425 What year? oil mix, plug - point gaps? lower unit oil? thanks for any help at getting it running.

WIS RICK

Re: "Jorge,
a group 24 &#3

I just bought a old sea king model number 74GG9012 and serial number 133476 and I was wondering what year and size is it?

I got a seaking this is the only numbers I can find on the motor on a tag I can’t find parts because I don’t know the year 643 05 then under that one is 5985293

Back