Logo

What year is my sea king

schearon

"I just got a boat with a mong

"I just got a boat with a mongomery ward sea king by chrysler 15 hp. I would like to know the year and gas mix ratio. model # vmb 52118b, ser# 38x 2760. Does anyone know where i can get a pull rope assyembly? thanks"

"1983, mix is 50:1

When US

"1983, mix is 50:1

When US Marine bought out Chrysler, they changed the brand name to Force and started carrying parts at Merc dealers. Check out your local merc dealer as he/she may have NOS parts on the shelf."

"ive also got a seaking its a

"ive also got a seaking its a 5hp
22071.jpg
there it is if that helps a year or a place where to get parts would be awsome"

I recently purchased a boat th

I recently purchased a boat that came with a 20hp sea king motor. I was wondering what year it is? The model vwb29920A the serial is 96x10147.

I just got a montgomery ward b

I just got a montgomery ward boat motor and would like to know year model and HP the model 94gg9003a serial 355375

"Eddie, that is a 1949, single

"Eddie, that is a 1949, single cylinder, 1.5 horse made by Gale (OMC) for Wards. The equavalent "Gale" model was 1W5...."

i have a 7.5 sea king and need

i have a 7.5 sea king and need to fin out the year. it was manufactured by clinton and says montgomery ward next to sea king. mod#k 750 310 7D. the ser# is 992331 and the type is 60 52207 R. i had it running but the pull string assembly was sparking and i took it apart and found the cotter pin was chewed up so i need to get a new pin. it would be great if i could get a manual. i also need to find a dealer that sells parts for what ever year this 7.5 is. i live in oregon on the columbia river. thanks so much. jon

"Hello

Maybe someone might

"Hello

Maybe someone might know something about a 25 hp sea king model# vwb52125. I am trying to find the lower end, this one lost the oil seal and tore up the bushings and bearings. The motor was on a boat I just got. Hope some can help with a part assembly. Thank you Vern"

hey i have a 7.5 seaking wonde

hey i have a 7.5 seaking wondering where i could get a carb. for it thank you

"Hey Mike,
There were probab

"Hey Mike,
There were probably several different 7.5 hp Seaking motors made. More than one manufacturer made them over the years. Do you have a model number?
As well, does it need a whole new carb, or just some parts? Parts may still be around, an entire carb may be harder to find, unless you can get a used one.
I wish you luck."

"I have a Montgomery Wards 7.5

"I have a Montgomery Wards 7.5 Sea King. It is a Clinton Engines Model #K7503110E, Serial #1060697, Type #XTV52259

Can anyone tell me what year it is, and any other tips like: oil to gas ratio, why it seems to have no means to replace lower unit lube?"

I have a 1974 Wards SeaKing 15

I have a 1974 Wards SeaKing 15' V-hull boat with a 45hp. engine. Everything is in running order and good condition. What would be a reasonable price to ask to sell it?

"I just bought a seaking 12.oh

"I just bought a seaking 12.ohp outboard the model#GG8971A serial# 75X692611, I am also wondering what the gas/oil mixture was and what kind of oil I sould use, this is my first outboard I have ever owned so any help would greatly be appreciated"

"Scott, Thank you for your hel

"Scott, Thank you for your help. I have one other question? does sea king have a web site so I could maybe see about getting a service manual or owners manual?"

i have a 7.5 hp montgomory war

i have a 7.5 hp montgomory ward sea king model# vwb52179b i need the gas/oil mix i think it is a 50:1 but i don't know and if eny one knows i also need the year thanks

"<font color=""0000ff"">I have

"<font color=""0000ff"">I have a sea king 5hp model#gg8960 serial#75x690137 I was wondering what year and fuil mix?</font>... thank you..."

"Taylor, yours is a 1981 Chrys

"Taylor, yours is a 1981 Chrysler, and yes, 50:1 is a good mix...

Nicholas, you have a 1957 Gale model 5D14. It will mix at 24:1...."

thank you... and i was wonderi

thank you... and i was wondering do you know
what is the best way to set the low and high setting i'm kinda new to the old motors?

I just purchased a 5hp Seaking

I just purchased a 5hp Seaking motor model NO# GG8977B I was wondering what year and fuel mixture.

"Mike, your motor is a 1959, m

"Mike, your motor is a 1959, made by the Gale division of OMC.
Fuel mixture would be 24:1 TCW-3 oil."

"Have a 7.5 hp SeaKing model V

"Have a 7.5 hp SeaKing model VWB 52179A,
Ser. 08X20798....Do you know the year and what is the mix ratio....Also shift lever does not work correctly..moves but no forward or reverse..pull works and prop turns......is there a manual available"

"Hello, i recently acquired a

"Hello, i recently acquired a 45hp SeaKing motor, however i need some help with the Gas Mix and with the features it has. i dont know the year, but the Mode # is VWB27945B and the serial # is 86X20383. so if anyone could help me i would appreciate it. things i would like to know
1. what year it is
2. what the Gas mix is.
3. a way to test it.
4. how do i get ahold of a manual.
thanks guys!"

"Jorge, that is a 1968 model,

"Jorge, that is a 1968 model, built by Chrysler for Mongomery Wards (SeaKing was the store brand).

It will run on a mix of 50:1.

This site can sell you a Chrysler service manual or you could opt for a Seloc's manual (for Chryslers of that vintage).

Either one of those will give you all the "how to test" whatever you want to test..."

"Thanks for giving me that inf

"Thanks for giving me that information, i guess this is the time when i would unregister out of the of the club because i got my answer; however i'm not going to do that, i think this is a great website and it is cool that people can help eachother out. so thanks for letting me that information. the boat was given to me with the motor without the registration because it belonged to the grandfather of an old friend so now all i have to figure out is how to register it. does anyone have an idea?
1. thanks Graham for the tips, you're a wise cat'
2. i'm not going to ditch the forum.
3. how do i go about registering a boat whose original owner is gone.
4. what would be the best batterie for this type of motor.
thumbs_up.gif
"

"Jorge,
a group 24 &#3

"Jorge,
a group 24 "marine" starting battery would be more than enough for this motor. It can be obtained from a number of sources (dealer, Walmart etc).

West Marine sells a "dual purpose" battery. And while no battery can be both a great starting battery and a great deep cycle battery, I do run them on my smaller boat and it works well. They have a 650 MCA (Marine Cranking Amp) model that is also good for running any electronics plus a small electric trolling motor (as long as you don't kill it with the electric)

Since you are an Iowa resident, check out this link. Should assist you in getting the boat registered...

www.dmv.org/ia-iowa/boat-registration.php

Not bad for a Canadian EH!
"

Back