Logo

Rookie question

bjorn1

"Don´t know, perhaps this info

"Don´t know, perhaps this info could be found elsewhere - tried to search a little - but my question is : I have a Coronet 21 feet Coronet Playmate equipped with a Chrysler M360 - as far as I understand from the discusson board the different Chrysler engines also have "names"like
Super Bee , Magnum etc....Where can I find som more info on this ? Does the M 360 also have a
" name " ? Small block I know but more....
Could someone kindly advise where I can learn more about this - sorry if this question is very basic...but in Scandinavia the Chrysler(marine) engines are rare...and would very much like to learn more about the Chrysler engines... Thks in advance for all input/info Kind rgds Bjorn"

"Thanks Dave !
Yes Jim! Thos

"Thanks Dave !
Yes Jim! Those are the original photos from the Coronet brochure from year 1969....
Here´s a link to the Swedish Coronet Club
http://www.coronet.nu
If you click on " Modellarkiv " to the left the different Coronets will appear - and then below the picture you can see additional pics under :
" sok i bildarkivet ...etc.... " ( link) in case you are interested in Coronets.
Kind rgds Bjorn
( Certain pages on this web-site only available to Coronet members )"

"The later Chrysler 360 (t

"The later Chrysler 360 (the 5.9 liter) was called the "Magnum". The lowly, unloved (in cars) 360 smog motor was never so honored.

Jeff"

Thanks Jeff !
There goes one

Thanks Jeff !
There goes one " illusion " ...* I thought The M360 (Magnum) was a bullet proof " carthorse"..
Low revs...stable and reliable..perhaps not always so exciting as some Chevy high rev small block engines. But this is perhaps related to carengines?

"Bjorn, The M360 was the large

"Bjorn, The M360 was the largest of the Chrysler Small Block family. A great engine with lots of torque. There are differences from the rest of the small blocks ( main bearing size, oilpan radius on the rear, externally balanced.. ) email me if your looking for specifics on the engine..
Dave"

Back