Logo

98 fourstroke oil light

bronc4x

"I have a 9.8 fourstroke and t

"I have a 9.8 fourstroke and the oil light stays on even though it is full and the filter has been changed, the motor also will barely idle and I can only get a few hundred rpms, I think the oil warning system is cutting out one cylinder but not sure, any ideas?"

maybe oil sending unit on the

maybe oil sending unit on the side of motor has a single wire going to it had just replaced one on a 9.8 if the light does not go out motor will go into a safe mode causing ignition to drop. also if it is a 9.9 I have had in cold weather that you had to shut motor off and re fire because of oil being to thick to get to the oil sending unit before going into safe mode.

is there any way of testing th

is there any way of testing the sending unit? I have tried unpluging the wire from the sending unit and the light still stays on.

"It sounds like it's a CD

"It sounds like it's a CD module problem...Or you really have an oil pressure problem. So, Sservice manual for the CD test procedure or run it by a dealer and let them determine the problem."

"I replaced the cd module and

"I replaced the cd module and the oil pressure switch but still same problem, if I pull the dipstick while the motor is running it seems to have a lot of blowby, also the lower spark plug is very light colored the insulator is white but if I remove either plug wire the motor will not run, any ideas I'm running out."

Take it into a dealer and let

Take it into a dealer and let them determine the problem. Your throwing money away by just replacing parts.

Back