Logo

Tohatsue 30 horse Spark help PLEASE

kar777

"I've got a 30 horse tohat

"I've got a 30 horse tohatsu pull start 2 stroke, no idea what year, i'm thinking late 80s early 90's. the motor suddenly stopped last year and i haven't done anyting to it since then. I'm getting power to the coil from the stator but no spark. I get a VERY weak spark about every third pull (so weak the garage has to be pitch black to see it) so i'm thinking the coil went bad. If any one has any input i would really appreciate it! i've always been told when a coil goes bad, it won't give off any spark, which is puzzling since i'm getting a very weak spark about every third pull. i don't want to spend 170 on a new coil if there is something else i should check first. Thanks a lot!!! any one know of a good place to get parts for these things?"

The engine does not have a sta

The engine does not have a stator. Get a service manual and start troubleshooting the ignition system. Any Nissan or Tohatsu dealer has parts or can order them in for you....Unless you have an old model. Some of the ignition parts are no longer available on the older ones.

Back