Logo

Tohatsu TLDI 90

noe173

"Hi there
i was about to get

"Hi there
i was about to get a yamaha 90 4 stroke for my 16 feet boat, but now i was think to get a the new two stroke DI. 2 stroke better?

Suppose my boat is rated for a 75hp..but as both the 75 & 90hp have same weight, i was considering getting the bigger engine??? ok?

As regards to Tohatsu? any have had any problem with them as if i get 2 stoke Di my choise is or the evinrude or the tohatsu?

which is the best?..as when reading the technology they use is different?

about service? is it true that 4 stroke are more costly?
and what about the 2 stroke oil & spark plugs to use with the 2 stroke DI? is it expensive?

anyone had problems with these new 2 stroke?

i heard also that tohatsu corrode?is this true as i am going to use in salt water??

thanks a lot"

""i was about to get a yam

""i was about to get a yamaha 90 4 stroke for my 16 feet boat, but now i was think to get a the new two stroke DI. 2 stroke better?" The 4-stroke is a few db's quieter. In every other respect a DFI 2-stroke is superior.

"Suppose my boat is rated for a 75hp..but as both the 75 & 90hp have same weight, i was considering getting the bigger engine??? ok?" No

"As regards to Tohatsu? any have had any problem with them as if i get 2 stoke Di my choise is or the evinrude or the tohatsu?" The Tohatsu is more reliable.

"which is the best?..as when reading the technology they use is different?" No brand is better than another brand and the technology is different.

"about service? is it true that 4 stroke are more costly? and what about the 2 stroke oil & spark plugs to use with the 2 stroke DI? is it expensive?"
Yes and yes. They balance out so that each technology has the same operational costs.

"anyone had problems with these new 2 stroke?" DFI's have been out for almost ten years now....Reported problems with the Evinrudes are less amd less frequent. There have never been problems with the Tohatsu's.

"i heard also that tohatsu corrode?is this true as i am going to use in salt water??" Only if the owner does not perform routine maintenance like on every other brand."

"hi there

thanks for your r

"hi there

thanks for your reply.. just another thing, why i can install a 90Hp outboard instead of a 75Hp outboard? i guess is boat is fully load (6 people), i could trim better at lower revs, & i think that i can have better fuel economy with a 90 than with a 75,as run on lower revs?

Is is true that totahsu 75 & 90 have to be first set and operated by the dealer?? or can be install by anyone? ..just "plug & play"

thanks again"

they have to be put on by a de

they have to be put on by a dealer safety reason personally i hate computers in boats its a bad idea i have also found the tldi 90s dont have as much power as the old carberated ones they are good motors they dont have many issues if taken care of. i have seen a few that of there quirks guy came in last week if it sat for more than a week he have to tap on the fuel pump to get it to work warranty replaced it twice so i hope its fixed

It depends on your on technica

It depends on your on technical ability and the country you are in. In the U.S. consumers are considered incompetent by Tohatsu and so are not allowed do do their own installations. sS to why a 90 is a bad idea...The boat is rated to a 75 for a reason(s). Sometimes that mathematical formula they use to determine the limit is conservative. Sometimes its not. "Yer roll tha dice and take yer chances"

i think youd be fine the bore

i think youd be fine the bore and stroke are the same on the 90 and the 70 so they can only be so different as long as or transoms fine heck i got 50d2 on a 14ft carolina skiff its only rated for 25 no probelms with it

Back