Logo

If you have a 8286 260hp engine PLEASE step inside you might can help me out

weider1717

Contributing Member
"I would like to replace the d

"I would like to replace the decal on my flame arrestor cover for my 84 boat. It's a mercruiser 260hp v8. But I need a high quality picture of one in GOOD cond. to do what I plan..keep reading. So you might can help..here is a picture of the decal..do you have one like this??

url]

if you have this decal on your engine could you PLEASE take a close up high quality/pixel picture of it and post it on here for me?

I am going to try to get a good close up picture of that decal (minus that yellow sticker on that one on ebay)

then take that picture and try to use software and get it the correct size and print it off on sticker paper from my printer!

*for those they are going to recommend a sign shop to do it I tried that they wouldn't copy a trademark like mercruiser..so I took my original decal took office max and they printed a scanned copy but my decal is so dirty (white parts are dark etc) and wrinkled up it was crappy looking even she said that lol.

so please this can be easy if someone has that decal in good cond and in place FLAT on their flame arrestor cover and a good digital camera!

*and no this decal isn't made anymore and the ones that are under that part number that still exsist out there are different I know bc I order 2 decals with that part number for $90 and they were NOT the one pictured in the ebay link above.

*if someone is nice enough to do that for me remember the picture needs to be up close and flat (not a tilted angled picture) and it doesn't need to include anything in the background it needs to be of the decal ONLY thats how up close..because whatever the pic looks like it what the end result will look like and the idea is the make it look fairly close to a new decal like it came with. IE: one the picture above is tilted..this wouldn't work. You would need to look directly down onto it.

thanks
"

"Sam: just a few thoughts on y

"Sam: just a few thoughts on your project....

1) Why not "start from scratch"? Take what you got and make it the correct size and turn it black. Add the red border and then the white text - all simple as they look to be the same font (just gotta figure out which one). The "merCruiser" is the hard part and i'm pretty sure the service books from that timeframe have the same style on their covers. Again, match the font and you're home free.

2) You could also take the 'crappy one' and use a photo program to eliminate the imperfections - copy a circle in the good background and then paste one, or more, over the scratches, etc.

3) take the cover you have to a 'boat painter' - one that specializes in transom name painting. I bet they could touch up what you have and make it look brand new. For what its worth, we used to use a permanent black marker to touch up engines and outdrives when we worked on them.

good luck!"

Back