Logo

Warning buzzer 95 intruder

hydrabass

"Does anyone have any suggesti

"Does anyone have any suggestion on the warning buzzer, when it goes off usually when i'm running 3500 rpms or lower after 20 minutes ,but if i run up to about 4500 it will go off .I did just change my water pump.

Thanks Jeff"

"thermostats.,poss something w

"thermostats.,poss something went wrong w/wtr pump job.if i understand,it no longer sounds above 4500?is it a constant horn,..or diff beeps?"

"It was doing it before i chan

"It was doing it before i changed the water pump,i thought it might be the pump ,it was time to change it and it 's not a constant horn ,just a beep.

Thanks Jeff"

"beep every 20 seconds,..low o

"beep every 20 seconds,..low oil warning....beep every other sec or so,..NO OIL warning,.."

"It has started smoking excess

"It has started smoking excessivly on start up, I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not."

"fuel,restriction,would be a c

"fuel,restriction,would be a constant beep,..at high rpm,...going away,as throttle is reduced....normally."

"It might be related to the th

"It might be related to the thermostats. Take them out and check if they are the ones in a white plastic housing with a 'strainer' at the bottom. (#52 at pick.)If so, two ways to go.
1: replace BOTH thermostat and spring to the newer type.
2: Cut away the bottom of the plastic housing to increase flow.
What happens is that there is not enough water pressure to open the spring, and not enough water flow through the strainer at that rpm range. Increase rpm, and spring opens.
218804.gif
"

"Is it heat or pressure that o

"Is it heat or pressure that opens the thermostats? I will pull these out tonight and cut the housing , then run it this weekend.
Thanks Jeff"

"It is heat that opens the the

"It is heat that opens the thermostat, but pressure that opens the by-pass function. That is why the thermostat is installed with a spring and not 'locked'.
Temp should in fact drop above about 3500 rpm when pressure gets high enough and water bypass."

"hey morten,...do u have a par

"hey morten,...do u have a part number,for the newer style,..when i order,i keep getting the reg ones....what eng's,came w/the newer ones?"

"yeah i bought some of the old

"yeah i bought some of the older types, why didnt my boat shop inform me of an upgrade?

is this a common prob to need to go ahead with the newer or cutting the plastic?

or just if you have heating probs?

thats why i love this site i learn something everyday...sometimes i even help someone...my wife thinks im addicted, but i like to talk motors and i love my boats...i try to help others cause yall helped me

thanks again for all your help and advice guys!"

"i would pull the thermos,and

"i would pull the thermos,and cut the end of,we have been doing that(or replacing and cutting),for quite awhile."

"i pulled the thermostats out

"i pulled the thermostats out and cut them off, then desided to check to see if they were functioning properly so i put them in boiling water and they both opened up at about 165 degrees and were closed at 130 degreess. does that sound about right?"

"Sorry. That info I think was

"Sorry. That info I think was in one of the old paper version of the 'system matched' accessories catalogs. I only have my comp and what is left of memory.
If not mistaken, the thermostat is the same as the one used in the smaller (25-30) engines, but in stainless. However the spring has to be changed, or a washer put between the spring and thermostat to get the correct pressure."

"i ran it this weekend after c

"i ran it this weekend after cutting the ends off the thermostats without success, the buzzer still goes off at 3000 and lower and while idling in to the ramp it is more of a long drawn out buzzer, could this have to do with the oil injector or does it sound like it is more internal"

Are You sure it is a temp warn

Are You sure it is a temp warning?
Try disconnecting the leads from the heads (Brown only) and test.

"Not sure now , after replacin

"Not sure now , after replacing the water pump and cutting the thermostats off without success. At what point besides low oil does the oil buzzer sound, I know when it is first started it smokes excessivly."

Back