Logo

1986 70hp

shawnb269

"I just got my first boat and

"I just got my first boat and needs work not to familliar with outboards, I know the lower unit needs to be put back together/on and I have 2 cables that go from the motor to the throttle control box that are corrodied BAD..what are these called and how do I figure out how to put the lower unit together"

"I mean this in the nicest pos

"I mean this in the nicest possible way. You lack the mechanical skill required to put the lower unit together correctly. The pieces don't just go together. They have to be shimmed and set to specific measurements. You need to take it into a dealer and here's the really bad news. Parts availability is not good on that model. In fact, lower unit parts are not available at all. You should probably consider replacing it."

A new lower unit is $2300.00..

A new lower unit is $2300.00...The engine would only be worth a few hundred if it was running perfectly. Get rid of the engine. It's not cost effective to keep it in operating condition.

if you have all the parts shim

if you have all the parts shims and all just take it to somebody who can reassemble it if not find a junker that is if the motor runs i rig up and hose on the water tube and see if it will run or see if it can be made to run those where ok motors never had any real issues and id rather have one of those than a new tldi

Back