Logo

1990 Force 150 carbs

K

Ken Kolbly

"I am trying to go through a 1

"I am trying to go through a 1990 Force 150 and am having trouble with the providence of this engine so I can order parts.
It is a 1990 Force 150, P/N 1508X90A S/N 18657.
There are 3 carbs on it. What carbs are they? Who made them and what other engines were they used on?
The Mercury P/N I have been using for the carb kit is 820576A1, which seems to be mostly Not-Available.
Does Sierra make a kit for these carbs?
My attempts to figure it out have been confusing and unproductive.

Thanks."

"Update: spoke with Sierra and

"Update: spoke with Sierra and they claim that they have no kit for that carb and that the carb was not used on any other engines.

It's doubtful that Force made the carb themselves.

Some parts they must be the same as another carb, such as the float seat and needle.

Any cross-reference or cross-over guidance I can get would be most appreciated."

"Most of the carbs on the larg

"Most of the carbs on the larger Force motors were discontinued Tillotson's that Merc had laying around in their warehouses (or bought cheap).

Your 3 carbs will be (top) model TC103C (middle) TC104B and (bottom) TC105C

Merc stopped using Tillotson's in the late 70's and Tillotson stopped producing carbs altogether. As the parts became scarce Merc even cut back on the total number of parts in the kits until they eventually discontinued.

While the entire rebuild kit is not available, a number of individual parts still are.

Unfortunately you have a motor that was considered "disposable" from the moment of production. It was a budget design, with a low price tag to make package deals attractive...."

"Thanks for the information.

"Thanks for the information. I think it will help us.

It is becoming apparent that replacing the entire outboard (or, for that matter, the entire boat!) will probably be the smart thing to do once it suffers a major problem.

It just seems a shame to junk an engine because of a leaking float valve!"

Back