Logo

Outboard motor help 2stroke 25hp Evinrude

2001fz1

"I was hoping someone here cou

"I was hoping someone here could help me out with this boat motor.

1992 Evinrude 25 horse, electric start, new plugs, new fuel line with new filter, fresh gas and full tank of gas.

Ok, this is my situation. The motor is stalling out at full throttle like it is not getting gas or its sucking in too much air. But it doesn't do this until after about 30 seconds of wide open throttle. If I back the throttle down to about 90%, it will run normal. then when I go back to full throttle it won't take long and the motor will stall out again.

It starts up like normal, idles great and can troll slowly with no problems.

Any ideas?
Thank you!"

Pull the pick up tube out of t

Pull the pick up tube out of the tank and see if it has any trash lodged on the screen. If you have recently bought a new portable tank then some of those didn't have a pick up tube big enough to supply enough to the carbs at WOT.

The carb is running out of fuel at wot.

What happens when you try pump

What happens when you try pumping the primer bulb when it bogs down?

Sounds like you may have an ai

Sounds like you may have an air leak. Check all the fuel line from the tank to the carb. Especially the primer bulb. The smallest leak will cause this problem.

"Thanks for the tips guys. I&

"Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to also look at getting a carb rebuild kit and clean the carb. Any good place online to buy such a thing?

Thank you!

Oh, it is a 1991 Evinrude 25hp. Model E25TELEIE"

"You could get it right here a

"You could get it right here and help support this site...
sun.gif

That is a 1991... See this link.

The direct link to the kit is here."

"Well I finally got around to

"Well I finally got around to cleaning the carb on the motor. One fuel inlet was completely clogged and took a little work to get the junk out of it. The bowl did have some debris in it too. I'm hoping this thing will run much better now.

I took a picture and was wondering if anyone could tell me what this fuel line would be for. It is the line on the top with the white zip tie on it. This is the inlet that was clogged.

Also, what would be that brass screw adjustment be for?"

"Ok guys, I have tested the bo

"Ok guys, I have tested the boat and it is still cutting out but not nearly as bad. I thought I might have a bad pick up or bad pump bulb so I took both out and stuck the fuel line directly into the tank. The problem still happens. Is it my fuel pump that is also going bad?"

Back