Logo

What is the best product to use for getting sludge out of the gas tank

tim_l

"what is the best product to u

"what is the best product to use for getting sludge out of the gas tank, its not alot, but sometimes you can tell that the engine is taking in some sludge b/c it slows down by itself and speeds up once it passes the sludge through"

"If there's sludge in the

"If there's sludge in the gas tank, it will plug the filter and bring you to a stop.

The problem you are describing is one of two things. Either the ignition for one cylinder is dropping out intermittantly, or the engine is starving on fuel from a weak pump, air leak, carb issue or whatever."

"what should I do to fix that,

"what should I do to fix that, b/c this is the first time the engine is running in over 12 years, and that is why i think its some sludge"

"if u think,..u have any '

"if u think,..u have any 'sludge' in a marine fuel tank,..the proper method,would be to remove,said,tank,..empty contents appropriately,and powerwash the heck out of it,..thoroughly dry,..and start over,using new lines,sender,etc..."

"since your eng has set up,a l

"since your eng has set up,a loooong time,..u first,need a manual...second,all tune up procedures,new water pump kit,CARBS CLEANED,..etc,...will,and should have to be done...u cant just roll er out and float it."

"so far i replaced seals on th

"so far i replaced seals on the lower unit, drained all the bad gas out, cleaned the plugs, replaced the fuel filter, and it ran like brand new for a week, then the last time i had it out, it would slow down by itself, then speed up again, it sounded like it was trying to pass a clog through, and when it did, it ran fine again, and the water pump is working perfect, any other suggestions?"

"bad/dried out fuel pump,as u

"bad/dried out fuel pump,as u suspect,poss old gas sludge in tank,..ck your fuel filter.If the filter is bad clogged,i would pull the tank..,repl all fuel lines,ck vent line/repl...basically,renew the boat fuel system,in 12 yrs of sitting,its due."

Back