Logo

74 Arabian Prop direction

jetstreamer

"I have a 74 Century Arabian w

"I have a 74 Century Arabian with a 440 and velvet drive v drive. The boat lists to port about 10 degrees after 30mph. I checked the prop and it is a 14/16 right hand rotation. Is that the proper directions for this boat?

If it is, I might have weak spars and stringers causing the boat to twist at higher speeds. I think this is the cause since my wake is not symmetrical. Thought I should rule out the wrong rotation first.

Thanks for the help

Kevin <font face=""arial,helvetica""></font>}"

"Jeff:

The boat has not had

"Jeff:

The boat has not had a single hole drilled anywhere since leaving the factory, and I want to keep it as original as possible. Trim tabs are not in the plans. I reason the boat had to scoot along level to the horizon from the factory as is or they would never have sold.

I do know I have rot in the stringers as I was able to pull a motor mount bolt out by hand.

I think the boat engine does turn to the right since all the props in the A & A Marine website are righthand. I just want to make sure I have the proper engine and trans before I go to far.

Thanks,

Kevin"

"I have a 1969 Arabian that pl

"I have a 1969 Arabian that planes out perfectly, no trim tabs. I did have my stringers replaced due to rot, but don't remember any listing before replacing. This boat has a rev. rotaton engine and RH prop. I also own a 1958 Century resorter that had previously been repowered with a std rotation engine and used a left hand prop. I needed a pretty heavy "date" to keep the port side down. Later changed to a rev. rotation engine and the boat handling was spot on. I would ask Dave at A & A about the problem. I believe Century "skews" the prop shaft to compensate for the torque. Good luck."

"Dave:

Thanks for the infor

"Dave:

Thanks for the information. I'm judging my boat is the proper rotation since I know it has a right hand prop. I'll check the engine data plate when I get home from my road trip. Since your resorter was leaning to starboard with a lefthand prop, I think mine must be correct. For now my lovely wife and I are enjoying snuggling up in the pilots seat.

I love the looks of your vintage Arabian!

Regards,

Kevin"

Back