Logo

Tilt and trim motor wires

waterbouy

"I had picked up a rebuilt tri

"I had picked up a rebuilt trim motor for my 1988 125 hp It has 3 wires but the old one had two. I connected the black to the ground on the battery. The blue to the up wire on the boat. It works, but the green does not. Any ideas? Thanks."

"Re tilt issue,you need to tra

"Re tilt issue,you need to trace the 2 exsting wires up to motor and find the relays which reverse the polarity in which causes the pump to operate in opposite directions, when you find email and we will go from there. P.S what was the original pump problem.
Michael"

"The relays are in the motor h

"The relays are in the motor housing which have circit breakers inline. The original pump had stopped working. I had tried to wire it directly to the battery it did not work. After looking inside, it was full of rust from a water leak."

"OK, Did you, or can you test

"OK, Did you, or can you test the relays? i will go to my manual and send you the wiring diagram,Iam one of those tech's that can do it but just cannot explain it. Sorry for the delay, If one of your relay's are bad i can send you one FREE you pay shipping. let me know.

michael"

Back