Logo

2003 Tohatsu 30hp remote

flatheadcat78

"Hey guys, Got a problem thats

"Hey guys, Got a problem thats got me stumped. Ran the boat about a month ago did fine, the next week(three ago now) backed in the water busted it off, and ya it ran like crud, anyways I cleaned the carbs again, and when I was running it on the muffs my oil light was on real dim. It always came on at start up. At idle its dim and it brightens up with rpms. Not sure it the light was on before, my bimini top kind of hides the indicator. I do have a factory tach, and the light is not on up front just on the motor. Kind of lost on this one, Checked grounds, battery connections and a bunch of other things. the factory manual doesnt say much..... any suggestions????? thanks Donno"

"Ya I figured it out a few day

"Ya I figured it out a few days later. The factory tach that i added(it was from a tldi if i remember correctly) was causing the light on the engine to be lit real dimmly. I did check the oil pressure, i rigged up a guage and had 40to50psi at idle cold. I got to thinking about it and that was the last thing i added was the tach. Being a stick steer boat and the back seat hides the motor so I couldnt see the oil light. But glad it was fixed without major surgury!!!"

"The tach might of been from a

"The tach might of been from a tldi or might of not. either way the tach itself seems to be pretty acurate, minus the oil light."

Back