Logo

Trailer trouble

aviator173

i've gotten plenty of help

i've gotten plenty of help from you guys so i thought i would try to post this here. my trailers right side blinker won't produce brake lights. left side works great. right blinks out of unison with the truck. when brakes are pressed right side trailer lights quit. checked the fuses under the hood and I replaced light box with no change. any ideas thanks.

"well I can think of a few rea

"well I can think of a few reasons for the problem you are having.. One is that both the positve and neg are both getting power on the light somehow, and when your blinker on the truck give a positive pulse from the blinker both sides are positive so no current passes the bulb... when blinker goes out on truck one side is positive probably the ground side and the positve side is lower in voltage causing current to flow... I would say test the ground with a multimeter and see what you are getting..."

"adjusted the ground to new lo

"adjusted the ground to new location everything works except the brakelights when the head lamps are turned on. when they are off brake lights work, when they are on they do not"

"Disconnect the plug to the tr

"Disconnect the plug to the trailer. Test your lights there. (Old tail light fixture, or the like). See if you have normal output there. If so, still sounds like a bad ground. If you don't have normal output at the plug, sounds like the converter box for the lights has gone south."

Check your ground in two place

Check your ground in two places # 1 at the lights make sure it is real clean #2 at the the tow vehickle make sure you have a good connection (white wire)comming from car or truck then where it connects to trl take it all apart and clean it real good some people just grd threw the ball and this will give you all kinds of weird things. I have had the same thing happen and it was a bad grd Good hunting

"Trailer frames are notorious

"Trailer frames are notorious for corroding and causing ground issues. To avoid this, I always run a dedicated white grounding wire to each light (tail or marker). Yes it's a lot of extra work, but I don't ever have ground problems either.

KJ"

Back