Logo

6 HP Yachtwin amp Compression

lucky_bum

"I have found this motor of th

"I have found this motor of the 70's I think. Told that it runs excellent and it has compression of 110 lbs in both cylinders. Starts on first or second pull and idles down very well. It is the right size to push my 22 ft sailboat to open water and back, about one mile each way. Need motor to be dependable to steer the channel I need to use. If the motor dies I'd be into the rocks in a couple places. I am using a relatively new Nissan / Tohatsu 5 Hp and does well but it is to sensitive to clean fuel and had been a headache for the last 3 years as it's a 4-stroke. Cleaned the carb three times this year already.
Wanna get back to a 2 stroke motor.as I have always had good luck with these being dependable.

Comments welcome Thanks in advance."

well you could do a full tune

well you could do a full tune up if it's a runner now and you have good spark ck your lower make sure your dope is changed and run it..do the pm's it needs she'll run a long time.. as for your nissan always run stabil in the gas .. Gas is only good for 2 weeks before it goes bad stabil helps extend the life of your gas by as much as 2 weeks..

"gas,is only good for 2 wk&#39

"gas,is only good for 2 wk's?u gotta be sh---...me.........u dont have to run all this BS every tank.....even w/todays fuels...110 lbs of comp ,in ea cyl...on a 6 horse,..has me baffled.....u better ck the gauge ..is it going to o,..all the time?...i would expect to see 60-80 on a good eng.."

Back