Logo

Suzuki DF60 Stuck at 3000 revs

G

gray

"Enginewon't rev above 300

"Enginewon't rev above 3000revs,and is eratic till it gets warm, then runs smooth but still at 3000revs, Seqence is : Switch on, all lights come on, 1st off engine check light then oil light, then temp. and rev lights go off together. Rev needle goes to 4000 then drops to zero.Engine starts ok is eratic till warm, buzzer goes off at 5 sec intervals and is stopped by pushing in the key. This problem is not coverd in the manual,"

"Thank you very much, i'll

"Thank you very much, i'll get it down to a suzki agent.
Many thanks, graham White"

"SDS showed low oil pressure 3

"SDS showed low oil pressure 3 times with a gap between of 121 hours and 134 hours. Changed the oil pressure switch. Problem remains. What do I try next? Can I attach an oil pressure gage, if so where and what should the pressure be with a warm engine?"

Sounds like the IAC valve(

Sounds like the IAC valve(Idle Air Control)is not working properly.The IAC valve controls the amount of air going into the engine.When the motor is idling the throttle plates are completely shut und the only air that can get into the engine is through the IAC valve.It opens and shuts at varying speeds controlled by the computer.If its stuck open it will cause erratic cold running and fast idle when hot.Your mechanic should know that!!!
The rev counter showing 4000rpm when you turn the key on means that the engine has done 400 hours running.

"Many Thanks Shane, Ive got an

"Many Thanks Shane, Ive got another mechanic lined up,i'll show him your message. Ta Graham"

Back