Logo

DF300 RPM Question

"Umm, don't ask me how, bu

"Umm, don't ask me how, but I took the boat out yesterday and the engine went to 6100 RPM with no problem. I fished all day and on the way back in I opened up the throttle all the way and I noticed that it went up to 5700 RPM right away. I started adding some trim and it went to 6100 at about 50% trim. Before, I could not get the RPM over 5700 at 50% trim. At 59% trim, the RPM went to 6150. At that point the boat was moving right along at 50 MPH in slightly less than perfect seas
proud.gif
. I also noticed that the fuel economy seemed a little better than average. At 4100 RPM and 30 MPH, the SMIS gauge was returning 10.9 GPH and 2.80 MPG
thumbs_up.gif
. Before today, I was over 11 GPH and under 2.5 MPG at the same RPM and speed. The boat is a 2008 25' CC with a hull weight of 3900 pounds. I had about 80 gallons of fuel onboard and 2 adults and two kids. Sadly, there were no big fish in the fishbox though
sad.gif

I have not changed anything since my last post and I am not sure if the filter changes or the addition of the Startron made the difference. Nevertheless, I am going to continue to use the Startron in the fuel tank each time I put gas in.

I was supposed to meet with the Suzuki mechanic tomorrow to test the boat in the water, but I am going to cancel as it looks to be good now. Hopefully the problem is solved.

I do want to thank everyone who posted here for all of the great information. Hopefully, I can return the favor sometime."

Back