Logo

Fuel Mixture

"The fuel/oil mix recommended

"The fuel/oil mix recommended by the outboard manufacturers since about 1960 is listed at 50:1. This means 50 parts of unleaded 87 octane gas to 1 part of TC-W2 or TC-W3 outboard motor oil. You probably will not see much of the older TC-W2 oil out there anymore since about 1996 or so. A marine mechanic once told me that all TC-W2 oils were regular petroleum oils while the TC-W3 were synthetic oils. I have done some research & find that apparently the oil industry & needs have now gone beyond the specifications for TC-W3. Some oil manufactures do make a synthetic blend or even pure synthetic oil, & since there is not a higher category NMMA in existence, the oil companies list that it meets or exceeds the TC-W3 specifications as there is nothing specified in the industry yet to designate synthetic oils."

"I think you will find that fo

"I think you will find that for OMC engines the date after which you can almost allways use 50:1 is 1964. A few of the smaller ones for a period after then still had plain, not needle, bearings so are best run with a bit more oil.

I may be wrong but i think TCW3 are regular or synthetic. I also understand, but again may be wrong, that TCW3 oils are biodegradeable, perhaps that's the synthetic ones."

fuel mixture for a 1950 evinru

fuel mixture for a 1950 evinrude-fleetwin-7.5 ?

"charles----u have to buy,..sy

"charles----u have to buy,..synthetics,..tcw..are and will be petro oils...syn nowdays,is really the way to go,...i recc to my customers,as well as using it myself,..is penzoil syn...
talking about oil usage,is like talking about politics and religion...........

pennzoil syn is a quality oil i reccomend...."

"other oils,actually,are fine,

"other oils,actually,are fine,..i just think,syn nowdays,..is healthier,on your eng,..."

"in earlier yrs,we did'nt

"in earlier yrs,we did'nt have syn oil's.nor did we have de carb substances,which time has proven,to be an eng saver....when u burn oil/w gas..u have a huge carbon prob...."

[b]Jim Krenwinkel[/b]

"

Jim Krenwinkel

"fuel mixture for a 1950 evinrude-fleetwin-7.5 ?"

Don't tag your questions on to the answers to another. Start your own new topic then you won't be ignored!

However the advice given on another forum is to use 24:1 pre 1960.

what is the fuel mixture for a

what is the fuel mixture for a 1978 25 horse evenrude

Back