Logo

05 DF 115 idles rough and under powered

jstohrer

"I have twin 115's and the

"I have twin 115's and the port side shakes a lot at idle. Just to see I ran each separately at WOT the STBD jumps right up to 4200 rpm and feels strong, the port gets to about 3600 rpm and not as strong. With both at WOT the port is about 5300 to 5400 rpm and the stbd is 5800. At times I can trim them out to be close but that only happens in perfect conditions. I have not changed the HP fuel filters yet."

"Any sensor alarms going off?

"Any sensor alarms going off? Computer would be great!

Try your fuel water seperators, make sure your primer bulb stays hard, fuel hose connections (especially the quick connect to the engine and uptake screen from the fuel tank)etc. Sounds like an injector or fuel related problem to me (if no ecu problems), I had similar syptoms with my 90s but it could be a number of things. Good luck!"

"I did drain the fuel water se

"I did drain the fuel water seperators. You mention the primer bulb. As best as I can remember when this first started I went to start that motor and it wouldn't start so I went to squeeze the bulb and I couldn't get any pressure to it. I checked the bilges for fuel and there was none. I got it going but next time it was the same thing. I changed the bulb and I can still give it a couple of squeezes to harden it up unlike the other motor (separate fuel systems),it seems like I never have to prime it, not even in the cold weather. I suppose I could squeeze the bulb while it's running to see if that smooths it out and maybe rig something so I can swap tanks to see if that does it.

I'll check the local mech about the computer.

Thanks"

"I had my injectors cleaned &#

"I had my injectors cleaned (http://www.witchhunter.com/) the #2 was pretty bad. The gentleman who cleaned them said that he does a lot of that type of injector but they usually cleanup really well. I first pulled injector connectors with the motor running about 1000 rpm and #2 made little difference. I removed the plugs and noticed #2 was a different color. There was also a mist coming from the cylinder and no others(unburned fuel, hot cylinder?) I also saw some carbon build up on the cylinder.

After the cleaning I am getting the required RPM at WOT."

Back