Logo

What Prop for my kicker 25 Hp on 23 Ft Sea Ray

ranisbet

"I have no idea what prop woul

"I have no idea what prop would be close to correct for my 25 Hp on my 4ooo Lb Sea Ray. Need ideas!
My wife was concerned about going out on the Gulf with no backup engine, so I made a custom mount that is secured to the transom and rear platform. I plan to mount my 25 Hp Long Shaft OB and am wondering if anyone has any ideas to share about this setup.
Since the platform can hold a 300 Lb person, and the transome is quite sturdy, I am thinking that this will not pose a structural problem. Any thoughts here?
I am also wondering about what speed I might expect to get from a 25 Hp in that configuration. The boat probably weighs 4000 Lbs. Any thoughts.
The setup will have an inside-the-boat tiller for steering with engine control cables, including electric start (I already have a long fuel hose to reach the protable 6 Gal. gas tank and long battery cables).
Bob N"

well i have found that most au

well i have found that most aux. motor will go about 6-7 mph wot throttle no matter what horsepower on such a big boat but its alway a good idea to have a spare i dont leave the dock what other an aux motor as far as prop id a start with mid pitch range prop and see how it does

Back