Logo

Tell Tale water stream

mobiletec

Hi ive got an 1976 evinrude 70

Hi ive got an 1976 evinrude 70 hp can someone post a pic of where to install a brass fitting in the water jaket so the cooling stream can be seen Thanks

"how's it working for you?

"how's it working for you?u could also,easily inst a wtr pressure gauge from same connection."

ya i thought of that jw. what

ya i thought of that jw. what gauge would be good for that setup. Ohh also do you know what gear oil i can use for bottom end on this motor. Is there a preferred brand or type? Thanks

"well,...any designated 'o

"well,...any designated 'outboard lower unit oil' will wk,....and all the major marine gauge providers,have good wtr press gauges."teleflex,sierra,etc etc)at my shop,we use the sierra,premium outboard oil,...if i was still working at a lg dealership,i would use nothing but BRP(OMC)...BUT THEN,..i bleed omc ..."

Thanks jw. do know if this mot

Thanks jw. do know if this motor is electric shift or not. Ill post the model & Serial.

Model 70673D
Serial C71185 Thanks
1976 70hp

1976 70 is straight mechanical

1976 70 is straight mechanical...hi-vis oil--hyp 90 etc.....thats when they were starting to get the big picture..........

95 RUDE 20 HP THROTTLE WON T O

95 RUDE 20 HP THROTTLE WON T OPEN UP TO FULL .CHECKED TWIST GRIP SEAMS OK.AJUSTED IT TILL BLUE IN MY FACE SET TO TIGHT IDES TO HIGH.SET TO IDLE THEN WON'T OPEN UP FULL THROTTLE

Back