Logo

cylinder will not crank

ryno1981

i have tried everything is the

i have tried everything is there anyway i can test the cylanoid? this is a 4 cylinder volvo penta dont know the exact size please help

this is a 1984 sorry didn'

this is a 1984 sorry didn't clarify that earlier i just don't know what to do with it and also how can i tell that the water pump is good?

"Ryan,

I'll jump in the

"Ryan,

I'll jump in the water and get this started. First thing--most of us reading this don't have much to go on. Here's a few things that might get you going:

1) How long has this boat been sitting since the last time you started it?

2) Was it running well when it was shut down last?

3) First thing I'd do is pull the plugs and put a wrench on the big nut (Front of the crank). See how the motor turns over. If it turns over as it should--not frozen up--then maybe we can take you to the next step....

Don't know the "size" of the motor? There's a little brass tag on the block just behind the starter. It will tell you what you have, like AQ125A, AQ 131...or whatever.

Water pump? First, you have to figure out if you've got a good running motor."

ok sorry i didn't give you

ok sorry i didn't give you much to go on although i do appreciate your time i figured out what was wrong. it was a relay. ok i still haven't found that little brass tag the motor runs good although it needs a tune up thanks for your time sorry about the other post

Back