Logo

Montgomery wards sea king

triple_john

"Hello all,
I just bought a

"Hello all,
I just bought a 14' 1956 aluminum sea king in excellent condition with a 35hp (1966?)(electric start) sea king 2 cyl engine. Can anyone give me any information on the engine? I am not sure if the engine is original to the boat though? The engine is all white with metal 35 emblems on it. Most of the engines from the fifties were blue/green/red...ect Any help would be appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
John"

"hello,
I just bought a 14&#3

"hello,
I just bought a 14'1960-69? tryhaul bout with a red montgumry wards sea king 2cyl 40hp?
model#GG18744B, And serial#26X863672. My problem is that the wireing is shot and theres no key switch so I cant even figure out how to make it to where i can find out if I have spark or not. I know Ib have a 50-50 chance that the motor is no good. hopefully you can tell me what i need to do so i can just check for spark. Dont have alot of money but would put it into the moter if I could just here it fire a little. Did a Compression test and Ib got 120lbs in both cylinders and it holds there. If you could help me in anyway possible I would much app.
Thank you
Yoda"

"I believe 35 HP SeaKing's

"I believe 35 HP SeaKing's were only made in 1958-1960, after that they made 40 HP motors. Do you have a model number?"

"I have a 1956 seaking 12 hp.

"I have a 1956 seaking 12 hp. I bought all new ignition parts from napa, if anyone wants parts. I just need to know the gap for the ignition points. thanks!"

"I have a 1972 20hp Chrysler s

"I have a 1972 20hp Chrysler sea king model vwb2722027x. Does anyone know where I can find cheap manuals to help me with repairs/parts, and specs"

How much is a 1972 20hp Chrysl

How much is a 1972 20hp Chrysler worth in good shape?

"I have a Wards Sea King 50 th

"I have a Wards Sea King 50 that i dont know much about. I need to find a wiring diagram and I would like to find out what year it is. The more I learn about it, the better. The model# is VWB19090A and the serial# is 66X10462. ANY help would be AWESOME and greatly appreciated"

"John's motor could be fro

"John's motor could be from the mid 60's and made by West Bend. Brian's motor is a 62 made by Gale (part of OMC) Brian if you can get a compression reading you should be able to determine spark presence. 120 PSI is a savable motor. Likely lack of spark are dirty points or a bad coil. Pull the flywheel and check for coils that are cracked. If the coils are cracked it would be somewhere around 40-50$ to replace them. If they are intact try cleaning the points. Point gap will be .020. Mason your point gap is also .020. Ben and Jesse try www.discount-marine-parts.com/ under the Outboard tab/Wards. Jesse your motor is 1966 made by Chrysler."

Re: "John's motor could be fro

I have a sea king 7 I figure around 1970. I can not get the unit to click out of gear, Does any one have a schematic of the unit for the gear selector assembly.

Back