Logo

Chrysler will not run with cover off

alan_b

"I have a chrysler 35 and when

"I have a chrysler 35 and when i remove the cover the engine stops . I have checked fuel system and have found nothing wrong .I have not used the engine out on the water as of yet.the carb is set at 1 and a quarter turns out and runs best at this,but soon as i take the top off it stops .Is this normal oris there something i can check or do .I hope some one can help regards alan"

"Maybe the cover keeps a vital

"Maybe the cover keeps a vital wire in place, or there is a grounding issue. I would look at the motor in profile with the cover off to look for a suspect device and also go around the edge, where the cover fits the shroud and look for trapped wires or similar."

"thank you andy woodhouse.i wi

"thank you andy woodhouse.i willcheck all wiring .
I did manage to put the boat in the water the other day to see what would happen ,to my enjoyment the motor ran ,i opened her up after a shortwarm up she was about to plane and then the power slackened off but did not miss just slowed up and stopped.it did not restart only backfired .I have her back in the shed. the engine has no points so there is quite a few wires and the coils and fuel seem to be fine.I have also been told could be an exaust leek coul this be so and how do i check regaurds alan"

Back