Logo

Evinrude Intruder 150 stalls on acceleration help

a33god

"Alright here we go again, 199

"Alright here we go again, 1996 Evinrude Intruder 150. I am having an issue with the transition between low speed idle and high speed acceleration. I can put the boat in the water fire it up and it runs just fine, run it out for a while on the lake and no problems, bring it to an idle in gear and neutral hit the throttle and plane right back off. The issue is when i turn off the motor go fish for an hour or 2, then try and fire it back up and it will idle rough and when I put it in gear and try and go between the low speed idle and accelerate it to high speed it starts to stumble and dies repeatedly. I have to rev the throttle out of gear for several seconds then drop it in gear real fast and try and accelerate quick like to keep it from stalling. once I get the boat back to high speed and planed off i dont have any issues like that unless i trun it off and let it sit for awhile. then it is rinse and repeat. I am pumping the bulb full before each start and not an issue with that. Carbs have been rebuilt and are not seeming to have any issues. got plenty of fire new powerpack and great spark. So any ideas here would be great. went to a local mechanic and he looked it over and said everything looked great on the carbs and it ran just fine to him, 110 on compression test all around. He seems to think I might have a carb that is maybe having a float issue and spilling more fuel into the throat of one of the carbs and flooding the engine because I can rev the engine and a more than usual amount of smoke will come out and then I can jump it into gear and it runs fine after that. HE said I can put it in the water with a second person and take the air breather off and look to see if 1 carb is dumnping too much fuel while I have a buddy try and accelerate through that to see if it is doing that. Any help would be great guys. thanks,.....AL"

Back