Logo

1408430 78 140 Rude

kiwi_dave

Contributing Member
"whilst test o/heating prob, H

"whilst test o/heating prob, Had prob with motor in the water, would idle ok, rev in neutral but when opened up sounded weak ?. when in gear, got just past idle and would die, so sent carbs to shop for service as no leaks, pump good. Mech then advised my carb was a weird carb, and hed never seen before ??? can someone tell me what kind of carb it is ?he advised that it has extra jets in the throats and also it was a different inside. heres pic."

There is no such thing as a &#

There is no such thing as a " weird " carburetor.Why do most people " blame the carburetors " when a motor will not perform????. Do a compression test and a spark check--- also check for a sheared flywheel key.

"With respect to your vast kno

"With respect to your vast knowlege on outboards Because the mech swapped my old carb with another because as he put it, "he had never seen carbs with the 2 extra jets in ea of the throats with an adjusting screw in the middle" as well as 1 or 2 other internal differences. I was simply enquiring if the carbs he swapped over ( No extra jets but externally exactly the same)was ok to run on the old girl. I suppose Ill find out this weekend. Oh and compression 85 all four, will check book for flywheel key, Thanks"

"can any one tell me if these

"can any one tell me if these are the proper carbs for my 1408430 1978 140hp Rude, I pulled these off the motor and sent to the Mech to have service, he advised that he had never seen these kind of carbs before. he noted the extra jet holes and adjustment hole. He gave another pair ( will post pic of those next.)thanks Dave
217254.jpg
"

"These are the swapped carbs h

"These are the swapped carbs he gave me that were supposed to be the correct carbs (for Aus$120.00) would they be compatable ?? and wahat would the extra jets be for in Pic # 1
Thanks dave
217257.jpg
"

Can anyone tell me what the di

Can anyone tell me what the difference between these two Pictured carbs are ? and are they interchangeable ? on my 1408430 140 78 rude ?
thanks heaps

Back