Logo

2 stroke oil

B

Bradley Kurth

I have a mariner 2 stroke 50 t

I have a mariner 2 stroke 50 that is oiled injected. I was wondering if anyone has tried the new synthetic oils that produce no smoke?I was going to try them but not sure if it would hurt the engine in anyway. Does anyone know if it would be bad to use? I troll alot and can't stand the oil smell anymore and don't have the money for a foursroke!

"It won't hurt the motor,

"It won't hurt the motor, but unless you have an EFI motor it's probably not worth the money.

Synthetics are great for injectors, help keep them from clogging, but on a (conventionally injected) where the oil is simply mixed with the gas at the fuel pump there is no great benefit to using sythetic which often costs 2 to 3 times as much.

Besides, on a carburated engine if you keep the plugs changed anually and the carb adjusted properly you shouldn't get much smoke if any at all during normal operation - so save the cost of synthetic and put the savings into keeping the motor tuned...."

I have a Yamaha 1991 Waverunne

I have a Yamaha 1991 WaverunnerIII 650 engine. Has weak spark on one cyl and no spark on the other. Can somebody devote some time to consult with me on this? To email me:Change .nut to .net (feeble anti-spambot tactic) Thanks.

"Robert,
You may want to go t

"Robert,
You may want to go to the Yamaha board on this site. Go to the "discussion board" from this site's home page, just to the left of the "marineengine" title. Should have some experts monitoring this board.
Mike"

I JUST BOUGHT APONTOON BOAT WI

I JUST BOUGHT APONTOON BOAT WITH A EVINRUDE 50 AND I NEED TO KNOW WHAT THE BEST GAS/ OIL MIXTURE SHOULD BE. THANKS

"Jeff, Evinrude has been aroun

"Jeff, Evinrude has been around for getting close to 100 years.

What year is the motor and what model.

Pre-65 Ev's will mix at 24:1, post at 50:1, unless the motor has oil injection, then it just takes straight gas. Also, just takes straight gas if it's an ETEC."

Back