Logo

1978 85 hp evinrude carb float questions

F

fish1hunt1

just rebuilt the carbs on my e

just rebuilt the carbs on my evinrude and still dosent run I replaced all fuel lines and fuel is getting as far as theline that entes the bowl but when you take out the drain screw not much gas comes out at all. I think it is a problem with my needle and seat or my float. what is the float height and what could be wrong with my needle and seat. thanks

"If you've just rebuilt th

"If you've just rebuilt the carburetors, hopefully you've replaced the float needle valve assy.

(Carburetor Float Setting)
(J. Reeves)

With the carburetor body held upside down, the float being viewed from the side, adjust the float so that the free end of the float (the end opposite the hinge pin) is ever so slightly higher (just ever so slightly off level) than the other end. And when viewed from the end, make sure it is not cocked."

thanks we checked the float an

thanks we checked the float and needle both seemend to be working fine but the carb is not spaying gas into the intake what makes the carb spray gas you can take a squirt bottle with gas and spray into the intake and it will start and run also does this engine have a reed valve thanks for all the help

"Will the motor continue to ru

"Will the motor continue to run on its own after starting.? And, are you using the choke/primer to start..?"

No as soon as it runs all the

No as soon as it runs all the gas off it will quit. The engines just not getting gas what brings the gas up to the intake. Air? I have had a bunch of people over and we are all baffeled. Could we have something tight that should be loose. Like the seat or a jet. Sometheing is cutting the gas off from spraying but what could it be???? Thanks for your time and help.

Back