Logo

1970 SeaRay Mercruiser inline 6 165

hipshot

"Just aquired this little beau

"Just aquired this little beauty from the original owner, bought new when he was 18, absolutly amazing condition, only issue he mentioned was a faulty starter selnoid,i tried it and it would click but not activate the starter, bought a new one and installed, now it wont even click, discoverd another issue when i tried to raise the lower unit, (went down fine) upon pushing the button to activate the raise function it would just click the selnoid. In both instances i can use a jumper around the selnoid,(starter and pump) and get positive results. It

acts like a bad ground or connection, checked everything i can think of with no luck, anybody got any ideas, Thanks Bob"

"you'll need to use a volt

"you'll need to use a voltmeter to check voltage drops across the solenoid. Should be 12 volts until you hit the key, then should be less than .5 volts when the solenoid is activated"

""i can use a jumper aroun

""i can use a jumper around the selnoid,(starter and pump) and get positive results"

Solenoids are fried. Change the SLAVE solenoid and both trim pump solenoids and it will run."

Back