Logo

8hp nissan 2 stroke

gino

"Hello, i am looking at an old

"Hello, i am looking at an older outboard specified above, does anyone have one of these or have knowledge on it. is there anything particular that goes wrong that i should look for. the person i am buying it off of repairs motors, and has this one says it is from mid to late 90s and wants 500 bucks, does this sound reasonable"

"does anyone have one of t

"does anyone have one of these or have knowledge on it" Yes

"is there anything particular that goes wrong that i should look for" No

"does this sound reasonable" High value..It would have to be in good shape.

"Thank you, though, regarding

"Thank you, though, regarding the machine have you had any problems with it, and the High Value comment, does that mean it retains a high value or it sounds too expensive."

"I have not had any problems w

"I have not had any problems with the thousands of that model that I have sold. $500.00 is a lot to pay for an engine in that size that is that old. The model is in high demand due to its weight and can command that high of a price, but I think that it is a lot of money to pay for it."

"Thank you so much for your he

"Thank you so much for your help, maybe i can ask a couple of last questions. the guy that has the motor buys and repairs them for a living. He gave me a list of what he has done to it, this is it: New water pump/ thermostat, carb overhaul, gear lube, a lower unit inspection, and a thourough test run. Iwill garentee it for 30 days. and it is in the northeast with short seasons, does any of this make if a better deal. sorry for the questions but it is going to be my first outboard and i would hate to make a major mistake.

Thank you again"

i got one of them 2000 model s

i got one of them 2000 model starts 2nd pull everytime that is if you take of her the great motors lite weight and a lot better than the 4 stroke junk you ll love as far as price id pay it well it if in good condition

It's a good deal because i

It's a good deal because it got the maintenance.
It's a bad deal because it needed it.

Take your pick. Anytime you buy anything used you are rolling the dice. I have seen obvious junk that ran forever and just like new bargains that crapped out with first use.

Back