Logo

04 Mercury Optimax Constant ALRAM BEEPING after 4000 RPM

T

Tarek

"When I push throttle down to

"When I push throttle down to run the boat. I get a steady beeping sound when the boat speed goes over 4000 RPM. The beeping does not go away until I slow down. Everything runs great under 4000 RPM's. Noone knows what the problem is.

There are no fault codes, temp. is good and not overheating. I replaced water pump, throttle position sensor, crank shaft sensor, and spark plugs.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP if you can.
new.gif
"

"THIS IS A 18' 2004 TAHOE

"THIS IS A 18' 2004 TAHOE BOAT, with a 90 HP Optimax 2 stroke outboard."

"Does your motor power down wi

"Does your motor power down with the alarm tone? I would have suggested the tps but it seems you covered that. I believe there are two installed, if one is bad it gives max 4000rpm and if both are lost it will allow only idle. Any other info to provide?"

"Its ok on idle speeds. The TP

"Its ok on idle speeds. The TPS has been checked out. We are looking into the poppit valve now. When it reaches 4000 RPM, the beeping is constant and if you keep pushing it the safety feature kicks in and the motor start shaking until you bring it down."

"The poppet valve opens after

"The poppet valve opens after 2500rpm to allow for cooling. At this point the thermostat are pretty much no longer in the loop. I would expect to ee overheating or low water pressure if that is the problem. Not sure what you mean about the safety feature kicking in and shaking. The motor should bring the rpm down on it's own if the gaurdian mode kicked in. sounds like you may have a bad coil or posibly an injector. The constant beeping is uually asociated with oil though. Also, check your compressor temp when the alarm goes off. The only other thing that I can think of is pressure differential between your fuel and air presure. I am bot positive, but I believe the fuel pressure hould be around 80psi and air at around 90psi. If these pressures are low or if the difference is not 10 or 10.5 psi it may be the culpret also. There is a dual gauge you can buy to check these easily. Hope some of this info helps, I am fighting a war with my 225 opti at the moment."

Thanks for the help. A Mercury

Thanks for the help. A Mercury authorized dealer has it now and I hope they will work with Mercury on fixing the issue.

could be tour shift switch mot

could be tour shift switch motor thinks in nuetral when its in gear turns on guardian at 4000 rpm thinks your reving to high cuts you back common issue with ddt you would see it on the screen

Back