Logo

Just joined I have a Dixie Super Skier 199 anyone else own a dixie boat couple general questions videos of boat inside

weider1717

Contributing Member
"It's a 1984 Dixie Super S

"It's a 1984 Dixie Super Skier 199 it has a mercruiser 5.7 litre 350 with 260hp and a mercruiser alpha 1 generation 1 drive. It is a 1.5 ratio what pitch prop do you guys recommend? I think it has a 19 pitch on it now. What I love most about this boat is the sound it has the exhaust above the water line..well when it's in the water its above the water for the most part so it does have a little bit of water bubble sound to it but its mostly out of the water so it sounds great!

*my grandpa bought this boat brand new in 84..he died in 95 so my uncle got it now i recently bought it from him. Gave $3500.

the decal on the flame arrestor finally starting rolling up on the edges so I went ahead and took it off but can't find a new one to replace it! it says "mercruiser 260, power steering & thunderbolt igition" does anyone know where I can get one? or where one can be made that looks just like the original?

here area couple videos..one with it running and one of the interior, of you own a dixie i'd love to hear from you!

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/weider1717/?action=view&current=MOV00511. flv

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b347/weider1717/?action=view&current=MOV00512. flv"

Nice looking and sounding boat

Nice looking and sounding boat. Should serve you well.
And a great big welcome to the forum.
You can likely find out everything you need to know right here.

Happy boating
Rod

thanks guys I appreciate it! y

thanks guys I appreciate it! ya it's nost exactly the lastest and greatest or nothing but i mainly bought it because of it being something my grandpa bought new and me growing up with in my younger years (i'm 24 now) being pulled with a tube and ski bob etc... and its 19ft..so not too small yet not too big either..great for me..

Maybe I should make a thread on this but I know they recommend straight 30 weight for this engine my uncle said he always ran 10w40 castrol in it.

anything wrong with continuing with the 10w40? or what do you guys think is best giving your knowledge of boats (sure its a lot more than mine)

"Merc. has changed their oil r

"Merc. has changed their oil recommendation over the years. The general oil rec. has been Merc. 25W40 oil for a number of years now. Merc claims it has additives that helps the oil coat the engine parts when not running. A 10W40 WT won't kill an old engine nor will 30 WT. Some boaters use Shell Rotella or Delvac 15W40 WT which are extreme pressure oils. Myself and others use Mobol 1 Syn. 15W50 WT. I feel it does a better job which is probably just in my head. But my engine runs slightly cooler with it. Now that you are confused; try to sleep on it.
biggrin.gif
"

Back