Logo

Oil Pressure sender Location on 4236 M

bigtimeoperator

"Engine is a perkins 4.236. It

"Engine is a perkins 4.236. It has about 2500 hours on it. It's showing high oil pressure on the guage. If I turn the key on the guage reads zero, but as soon as I start the engine the guage just climbs to max instantly - even at idle and the engine is rarely run above 2000 rpm. There are no signs of oil leaking or blue smoke in the exhaust, so I'm really hoping this is just a corroded connection at the oil pressure sender. If it were something like a sticking pressure relief valve shouldn't I expect to see lower oil pressure at idle and then see the pressure climb only after I advance the throttle?

Anyway, my immediate problem is simple. I want to test the oil pressure sender with a mecanical guage, but I just can't locate the sending unit on the engine. Can someone tell me about where I should look?"

It is located on the port lowe

It is located on the port lower rear under the oil cooler just above the pan gasket. make sure you replace it with the identical one......there are 1 & 2 dial senders if you have two helms.

"The oil sender unit is can be

"The oil sender unit is can be located as David mentioned, but in some cases it is located defferently. On my Perkins 4-236 the cooler is not on the port side and the oil sending unit is just aft of the oil dip-stick on the port side just behind and under the fuel injection pump. The wire conecting to it always gets knocked off when I check the oil as it is just a spade conector."

Back